How do I make sense of words that seem to attach itself to different meanings, depending on the context? How do I arrive at deconstructing a word to its barest component to describe its farthest connection to another word?
Words are wonderful creatures. Words are not such funny mines of meaning. How to recall this word, that, the one learned two days ago? How to summon the word that sits on the tip of your tongue? It would seem that that elusive word is thinking and watching and measuring the distance between you and it.
Only hours ago, I thought I learned the meaning of this --> 상상, and yet I do not recall losing it anywhere on my travels to other thoughtful places. The only thing that comes to mind when I try to recall the meaning of this word is 몸. The body...yes, but what does that have to do with 상상?
I won't look the word up just yet. I'll let it rest for now. It is perhaps sitting on the tip of my tongue, watching and waiting to be consumed.


So, having pondered the meaning, having been gripped by curiosity, I felt compelled to re-look 상상 up. 상상 = imagination. Yes, imagination...and so, the body-mind connection to worlds beyond is 상상... 상상 ... 상상
ReplyDelete